Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Family Reunions and Field Trips

Hey again! I know I say every time that I am going to do better about posting, but then I get sidetracked. Anyway, I'm here now and there are a few things to tell you about.

First thing would be our annual Wright Family Reunion at Campy Hamby in Menlo. There weren't as many people there as usual, but the ones that did show up had a great time catching up. Hannah, Joy, and Tim didn't get to stay long because Tim's brothers were in town and they had to go visit with them. But I did get to see Hannah for a few minutes. I haven't seen her in forever and the time I got with her was great. All the little cousins had fun running around and playing together while the adults sat around chatting. I would love to post all my pictures, but adding pictures is kind of a pain, so I will only give you a few.

(from left: Lorna, me, Hannah, and Sarah)

Me, Hannah, and Mandy

Sarah and Garyn

Abbi

My classes started at GA Northwestern Technical College on the 28th. I thought I was going to have 3, but it turns out I didn't need one so my load got dropped down to 2. I have had a little stress about getting the books I need, but other than that things are going smoothly so far. Good news is I only have about 3 more classes and my Internship and I will have my Associates degree in Early Childhood Education.

Even with my school starting back I have found time to volunteer in Abbi's classroom. All the kids were so excited to see me again and I am glad to be back. I have had a great time working with small groups, putting up pictures in the hall for the teachers, and just enjoying all the little moments and funny things they say. The kids are out for Fall Break Oct. 1-11th, and I will miss them, but know that they will have a great break and then come back ready and eager to learn again.

2nd grade went on it's first field trip to the New Echota museum and historic site on the 24th. Momma and I got lost following the buses (they go too fast!) and had to stop a few times and ask for directions, but eventually we made it there. It was so hot and dusty and at first and the 3 of us were ill and sweaty. But once we started visiting the building and enjoying the trip things got better. Afterwards we went to lunch at Cracker Barrel and finally made it home safely.

Since the kids will be out for Fall Break for a few days, we have been thinking about taking another vacation. This time to the Smoky Mountains. It is Momma's favorite place to visit because it is so close to home and so beautiful in the Fall. If Grandpaw Don is doing good, we plan to pack up in our new Excursion and visit the Smokies a few days.

Speaking of Grandpaw Don, he has been doing better lately. He felt kinda bad last week, but this week he has felt pretty good. He still keeps that smile on his face and remains in good spirits. We are all treasuring our time with him and just taking it day by day. He has been able to get out a little. The other day my aunt took him to get his hair cut, and then today he went to the doctor to get a flu shot. Please continue to keep him in your prayers.

Well I think that's all for now. I'm sorry if this post has been a little random and scattered. If we do end up going to the Smokies, I will try to do a post when we get back. If not, I'll post again when I can.

If you wanna see more Wright Family Reunion, New Echota, or other pics of my crazy family, you can do so here.


1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear the updates! Hope you grandfather stays well so you can go on your trip!

    ReplyDelete