Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Christmas and Crafts

Okay you can say it. I am officially the worst blogger ever! It has been months since my last post, but I am hoping that I can do better this year :). Especially since I am taking this semester off and I won't be watching American Idol on Tuesdays and Wednesdays lol. But I just can't watch it now that Simon is gone :(.

You're probably wondering why in the world I would take a semester off from school when I am so close to having my Associates degrees in Early Childhood Education? Well as you know my grandfather has not been doing too well the past few months. Lately he has kinda taken a turn for the worse. Even though his recent scan showed that the cancer in his lungs has not spread any further, he has been feeling weaker and more nauseous. The scan also showed some problem with his pancreas, which is probably causing his nausea. So when I missed the deadline for school, I took it as a blessing. I am going to take this time to be with him and cherish what time I have with him. Someone told me recently that they thought it said a lot about me that I was taking off to help out. He has been there for me for every single thing in my life, so it only makes sense that I would be there for him in this time of need. I can't do much, but even if it's something simple like making him an apple pie or just watching t.v. with him, I am going to be there. It makes me want to cry while writing this, because I cannot imagine what life will be like without him. Please keep him and my family in your prayers.







This picture is a blurry, but I still wanted to share. It was taken on Grandpaw's birthday this year when we took him to the doctor. We were waiting for my aunt to pull the car around, and when momma came out of the bathroom she decided to take our picture with her phone in front of all the beautiful poinsettas in the lobby of the doctor's office.




There is some exciting news in our life as well. My cousin Sarah is having a baby girl in April! My mother and I are so excited for baby Ansley to arrive. I got a sewing maching for Christmas and I am super excited to try it out and start making things for my new baby cousin. We have also been going over ideas for her baby shower. I have been looking at cakes, food, favors, invitations, and anything else to do with baby showers. I have even bought a few things already, but I can't reveal too much because Sarah reads this blog ;). I know that she has waited a long time for a 2nd child, and now her, her husband Tyler, and precious little man Garyn will be blessed with what I am certain will be a beautiful baby girl.


I have been working hard on my crochet, and am proud of the progress I have made since I started. Everything that was so confusing when I started seems so easy now! I was a little worried about getting the scarves done for Christmas gifts, but I finished just in time.



The first one I made was for my cousin Lorna. She said purple was her favorite color. This is made with a double crochet and it was my favorite of all the scarves. I love the color and I think it will look great on Lorna.



The second one was for my cousin Kaysie-Lee. She also said she like purple, so I went with a lighter color purple for her. This one is made with a combination of a treble (triple) and a double stitch.








The third one was for my cousin Lauren. She wanted blue. By the time I started this one, I was getting a little panicky because it was only a couple weeks til Christmas. It was also made with a treble/double combination.







The last one was for my cousin Emily. I only less than a week to finish this one and I was worried about the way it would look. I wanted to finish it and make it look just as good as the others. And red was her favorite color, which was the perfect color for Christmas. This one was made with a treble because it's a taller stitch, and it helped me finish it quicker.


Other than the stress of getting all the scarves finished, we had a beautiful Christmas. Our tradition is always to do Christmas Eve with my momma's side of the family at my Nanna's, and then Christmas Day at the church with Granny and my daddy's family. Nanna's was filled with food, good times, and wonderul presents. It snowed Christmas morning and there was some concern with ice on the roads, but everyone made it safely to the church. Christmas at Granny's is always loud and chaotic but definatley fun. We got two of my youngest cousins a Nerf dart gun, and the adults ended up having just as much fun with them as the kids. My 2 older cousins Wally and Mandy had a big fight with them lol.



My Granny Polly had been in the hospital the week before, and we were all glad she was feeling better and made it to the celebration!


The snow was so beautiful on Christmas and just last week we were blessed with snow again. The roads were icy, so a lot of the stores and schools closed for a few days. We all had a bit of cabin fever but otherwise it has been great. I didn't get out in it too much, but I did go out one day and build a snowman with Abbi and Daddy. We enjoyed many batches of snow cream and have enjoyed looking at the snow, but I am ready for it to melt and for things to warm up around here!



If you would like to see more Christmas, snow, or other pictures of me and my family, you can see them here.

Well I think that should hold you for now. I'll post again within the next few weeks. I promise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment