Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Happy Birthday Abbi!

That's right. My baby sister turned 8 years old just about a week ago. It's hard to believe that 8 years has flown by so fast, and I am so proud of the little person she has become :). She wanted to have her party at a local skating rink, but we always wait til' too late to call. So we convinced her to go to CiCi's Pizza and the movies with 2 of her closest friends from school.

The celebration started the day before her actual birthday with cupcakes at her school at lunch. The funny thing was that it was her best friends birthday also so her mother brought cupcakes to school as well. All the kids were asking me where I bought our cupcakes, and were shocked when I told them they were homemade lol.


The next day was a Saturday, so we picked up the cake and the two girls that were going with us, and headed to Rome to eat at CiCi's. Aunt Joy and Uncle Tim came and brought cousins Hannah and Emily, and even Hannah's Tyler was able to come over during his lunch break. We ate pizza and cake, about went broke playing games in the arcade, and finally decided on a movie. Hannah, Joy, Tim, and Emily decided to join us. Tim went with Momma and Daddy to see "True Grit", while the rest of us girls went to see Tangled. It was Emily's first time going to a movie, and Tangled was the perfect movie to see. It definately made the top five of my favorite Disney movies :). After the movie was over, we stopped by for a late night snack at McDonald's and then took the girls home. Abbi and her friends had fun, and all got along great, which we were thankful for.



Abbi's adorable cake! It was made by a girl who also does our hair sometimes. It was absolutely perfect and exactly what Abbi wanted!










Abbi and her best friends at CiCi's Pizza. From the left is Belle, Abbi, then Gretchen.







above: Abbi and her cousin Emily :)

So my cousin Sarah is the one who inspired this blog, and on her blog she posts monthly goals. Since it is the begining of Feburary, I have decided to make a little list of goals for myself. I have gotten a little lazy (okay maybe a lot lazy) lately, and maybe writing out what I want/need to do will help me stay motivated.

-devote more time to crafts: I have materials to make things, whether it's crochet or sewing, but haven't done either one. My sewing machine is still in the box. I want to make at least one sewing project this month.

-help out around the house more: I don't have a set chore list, but I would like to help out more. Even if it's just loading the dishwasher or doing a load of laundry, I want to get back to it. I used to do it a lot, but I get burned out when I am the only kid around here helping out.

-stop staying up so late!!: I have turned myself into a night owl, staying up until at least 2 every morning. That usually ends with me sleeping the day away the next day. I would like to set a bedtime for myself lol. My goal is to be in by by at least 11 every night.

At the end of the month I'll post and report my progress with each goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment